Wednesday 14 September 2011

Entrelac Clutch Bag

I love doing entrelac, unlike plain knitting, it exercises the brain!  I've been trying to find a way to use it for something useful for ages (not a jumper - since I smashed my elbow, I can't knit anything big - the perfect excuse to make small bits of nonsense)  A few days ago I realised that a rectangle of entrelac, folde and edged with a band of garter stitch would make an interesting shaped bag, and I was curious to see how the texture would hold up, once it was felted.  So here is the end result, compltet with a charming, pictorial ceramic button, and a little bead tassel for a touch of glam!  I think the texture stands out really well after felting, and the 2 different shades of grey, undyed wool, can be ditinguished, without looking 'wrong'.  Happy bunny!

If you want it, it's for sale in By Local, in the Regent Arcade, Cheltenham.  If you can't make it there, and want one like it, get in touch and I'll see what i can do ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment